||1. Arrived as a party of six, to a very warm welcome and a lovely roaring fire in the lounge. Highly customer focused with excellent food and wine for reasonable costs. Will definitely return. Peter Starling 16/03/09
2. Wow. I just want to thank you for such a wonderful, gracious service and beautiful surroundings. I have travelled often, for work and pleasure; I can’t believe there is such a gem on my doorstep. Your place is adorable, and I apologise sincerely for not realising the key for our room was on the main desk, such a hurry and kerfuffle working in York etc,. it was a hectic day travelling to Doncaster then to Gainsborough.
You are most welcoming, relaxing/professional/genuine. My friend and I loved it from the moment we set step into your lovely place. So, thank you and again apologies for waking you up. And all the best for a happy, healthy and successful 2009. Lisa Leggott 01/01/09
3. Thank you very much for your hospitality. We had a very comfortable night in the John Hook Room. Mr & Mrs Reed 10/05/09
4. Awesome Place. Robert & Adela 10/04/09
5. A Highly enjoyable stay-It is rare to find such excellent service and food-most recommended! Neil Furber, Cirencester 27/03/09
6. Thanks for putting up with me. Lots of Love John, Liz and Tyson
7. Thanks for a lovely, friendly stay. Love and best wishes Barry Norman 29/03/08
8. Brilliant Weekend and Georgie Fame too! Barry & Chris from Folkestone 20/04/08
9. Music Room absolutely gorgeous. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. We loved it. Lloyd and Janice Bennetton from Bournemouth
10. I just wanted to say thanks again for your hospitality over the weekend at the Hickman Hill Hotel. It was fantastic! The evening meal on the Saturday night was lovely, the rooms are superb and breakfast on Sunday was brilliant too. I’ve passed on your contact details to the golf union secretary in case we’re playing Lincolnshire at Gainsborough again soon. If only our golf was as good as your hotel-unfortunately we lost 7.5 to 4.5 against a very strong Lincolnshire team. Stuart Marriott L&RGU Second Team Captain 09/06/08
11. I’ve been around the world and in very good hotels, but I can really say that many 5*hotels should learn from Michelle & Robert about hospitality and managing. Everything was perfect and the food over the top. I wish you the best guys, because you deserve it. I will come back sure. Gainsborough has a diamond for tourism in Hickman Hill Hotel. Amdor Diaz Vilaboy 16/08/08
12. What a lovely, clean comfy hotel with a smile from the owners. One of the best hotels we have stayed in the UK. All the best Jean & Colin Bell 17/08/08
13. We had a funeral gathering here and Michelle and Robert looked after us all wonderfully! They made a sad occasion more of a happy family gathering. The food was fabulous. Lesley and Steve May 08/09/08
14. I drove into town and stopped at Tesco Garage and asked for a hotel - ”Only one here” says lady on the till ”Hickman Hill” What a great place and lovely “Meet and Greet.” Food was spot on especially Raspberry Brûlée. I had two servings-Go for it! Stay in hotels alot but Michelle and Robert just ”Do the Business” Lovely home from home. Peter Goodwin, Stoke-on Trent 09/09/08
15. On behalf of us all at Paragon can we say A BIG THANK YOU. Your food and hospitality at the recent presentation evenings were excellent, and we will be more than happy to book future company functions with yourselves. Paragon Flexibles, Gainsborough 18/09/08
16. We are writing to thank you for making mum’s funeral reception go so well. It is odd that at what is a sad occasion that everyone had such a good time. There were family and friends we had not seen for so many years and the stories & laughter we shared with them made the occasion such a wonderful tribute to mum. We are particularly thankful for all your hard work running around and keeping everyone “fed and watered”. The food was wonderful and just what we had hoped for. It was greatly appreciated by everyone (particularly the scones) Chris and Lindsey Golland, Nottingham 07/04/08
17. Just a quick note to say thanks for Saturday night, the evening was a great success from all points of view, the room looked great, Robert the food was fantastic, the staff were great throughout, and overall FANTASTIC well done and thank you for making it a night to remember. Wayne Banks 29/01/07
18. Just to say Michelle, a great big thank you, you made a very hard day, joyful. We appreciate the hospitality you gave to all our guests. The food the service was excellent. Gloria would be very proud! Ossy, Robert, Tina, Corrine & Tyrone 23/04/07
19. Just a small note to thank you for a very entertaining evening at your hotel. As mentioned I have stayed in places world wide from 5 star suites to tents but the quaint atmosphere, food and the sincere hospitality you apply to your quests done it for me plus I can’t go without saying you have fine taste in music. Robert Miller 25/07/07
20. Six nights. Treated like part of the family. Welcoming, generous. Thanks and may God bless your house. Iona and Ligchen Bloys.29/08/07
21. Michelle & Rob THANK YOU SO MUCH! X Kiki Dee 04/03/06
22. Thank you for a wonderful warm welcome. Will be back if you’ll have me. God bless “The wandering Minstrel” Ruby Turner 02/09/06
23. A veritable tour de Force. John & Angela Pierce 06/10/06
24. Thank you so much for letting us have Clive’s party at the Hickman Hill Hotel on Sat 12th November. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. The buffet was excellent and I don’t think anyone was expecting to sit down to the food , but it was a brilliant idea. The DJ was good, even though he wasn’t the regular guy. And as it turned out, he lives near to Clive’s Aunt and Uncle at Market Rasen! No one had a bad word to say about anything, you did a fantastic job of keeping things running smoothly!
As you know we stayed the night, and we couldn’t fault it one bit. The breakfast Sunday morning was excellent. And Michelle, we don’t know how you stay so bubbly! Cressida & Clive Marshall 12/11/06
25. On Behalf of the Society I would like to thank you for the excellent meal that you provided last night for our annual dinner. It was a splendid evening with our president, Alan Pegler, and everyone really enjoying themselves and are looking forward to next year’s dinner. Richard Woods (Chairman) Gainsborough Model Railway Society 29/10/06
26. Thank you so much for kindly sending us a copy of the previous week’s newspaper. We are so pleased to have them-to finish off our weekend visit to Laughton. We feel sure you will be a successful (and hopefully profitable)hotelier, with your attention to detail and great kindness-it is theses extra items which make your visitors come back and recommend you to their friends-as we have done already. Carol Casselden, Kent 16/06/05
27. Another enjoyable visit-thanks. Humphrey Lyttelton. 07/10/05
28. Super! Excellent! Outstanding! Phil Young 01/12/05
29. Best Breakfast in UK!! Excellent! Mr & Mrs J. M Coulson 04/12/05
30. I’d always intended to respond to your staff’s thoughtfulness and poetic embellishment, but it has taken me a long time for reasons explained, I also got a letter from you containing my hearing aid, in practical terms more necessary than my slippers but scarcely glamorous, looks like one of those deep sea fishes they’re always discovering who live to be 200 years old and breed with great difficulty. Also however your letter-which I can’t find at the moment was a delight, but I am going to disobey your orders to wait to pay my drink bill until I come back. Who knows when that will be? So please accept it.
31. Meanwhile my memories of your marvellous hotel remain as warm as ever, if not warmer. The Late George Melly 23/12/05
32. "Gainsboroughs little Gem"
Lisa Leggott - Doncaster
33. "Wonderful home from home"
Mr & Mrs Martin - Tetbury
33. "Great place, friendly staff, lovely food"
Christopher Meaney - Sussex
35. Thank you to you, Rob and Michelle. I was delighted how well everything went and that is mainly due to your excellent hospitality, especially the food!
36. Just a quick word of thanks for your hospitality during our stay overnight.
You have a lovely hotel and gardens, we were made to feel very welcome and the breakfast was excellent, we just wished we had taken dinner in your restaurant. Hope to see you again when we are next in Lincolnshire.
Best Wishes Sarah
37. We will be back but I just need time to recharge my batteries and find some new quiz questions.
Best wishes to you both,
Julie, Queen Elizabeths High School
38. Thank you. The stay here made our weekend. Will recommend and come again. Chris & Steve Hart - Louth